Search This Blog

Sunday 3 June 2012

The eyes of a building

Buildings with blanked off windows are blind in my view.
No one can see in but the building itself is also 'blind' ...mouth sealed up it doesn't breath and eyes not able to see the world going by.It lives only in the echo of its memories held within the stone of it's walls...sad.
But the sight has come again to Dalmally Station after many years and new case and sash windows have lifted the veil. The building feels happy again, filled with light.
I am sitting looking out on the beautiful Glen Orchy hills and I have watched the morning light touch the contours and the shadowed crevices and change as the day has worn on. I am captivated.









I so look forward to working in the studio with the view to railway track and to hills on the other side in the bright open light. 
The station has come alive

No comments:

Post a Comment