Search This Blog

Saturday 7 April 2012

Old piano books bring back memories

Holidays bring family together the dust is wiped from many pieces of furniture to make space or just to have fun. The T.V. ban in our house has brought on a whole lot of unexpected changes or returns to' how it was'.
My 12 year old son has rediscovered the joy of books as his 21 year old sister snuggles down on the couch with her kindle...The wood burning stove drives us together for warmth if not for company. Then the restlessness breaks the spell and now I am trying to pick out old tunes from some of the keys my daughter bashes out on the lovely piano...ok the piano is out of tune but so is my singing ( they pretend not to notice ).
Peace is a relative term and I enjoy the noise and treasure it in the quiet fledgling days when they all return to their new lives. Family is the important thing in holidays, the sharing and the suffering..only joking the playing is not too bad at least I can identify most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment